Saturday 19 April 2014

Evaluation Question #1




Textual Analysis & Breakdown of Film Trailer











Conventions & LIIAR analysis of Ancillary texts

Film Poster

Existing Film PostersConventionally, films always use photographs of scenes/shots from the actual films so I thought to follow protocol I would do the same by using shots from my film trailer. Of course, official films have much higher quality shots, for me this wasn't the case. I had to use photoshop to adjust the levels and colour correct the images of my characters to match those of existing film posters.

I went back to have a look at existing Sci-Fi film posters to see what type of fonts are used on them. In my findings I notice that designers use spaced-out normal, thin to very thin sized text formats on their posters.

I then looked at fonts that I could possibly use for my Film Poster from www.dafont.com and came across one called 'Florencesans' which seemed very suitable for the title of my film.

                         
Above on the top left is a poster from 2013 film 'Stranded.' I used it as the main source of inspiration for my film poster throughout the project.

Film Magazine Cover
My film magazine cover generally conforms with most, if not all the conventions of existing film magazines. The name of the magazine written 'CiNEMA' features a house style colour of royal blue which is a convention of most film magazines. Below is a picture of my magazine cover in comparison to an existing film magazine cover in which I was heavily influenced by.




No comments:

Post a Comment